Following an even more than one-year downtrend, there’s no further any question about any of it: Marijuana shares are back a large way.
Cannabis tasks among the industries that are fastest-growing decade, with a report from New Frontier Data suggesting that U.S. pot sales could potentially triple by 2025 to as high as $41.5 billion annually. Finding customers won’t be difficult. Rather, it’s a matter of legalizing* that is( and progressively going customers from illicit to appropriate stations.
Cannabis shares had been on fire in February
The excitement pot that is surrounding was readily evident when analyzing their monthly returns in February. Whereas the benchmark S&P 500 ended last month higher by 2.6%, 10 marijuana stocks crossed the finish line with a gain of at least 20%. In descending order, the marijuana stocks that are best of February had been:
- MedMen Enterprises (OTC: MMNFF): Up 208%.
- OrganiGram Holdings (NASDAQ: OGI): Up 66%.
- Sundial Growers (NASDAQ: SNDL): Up 63%.
- Aphria (NASDAQ: APHA): Up 46%.
- GW Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: GWPH): Up 40%.
- Tilray (NASDAQ: TLRY): Up 35%.
- Planet 13 Holdings: Up 29%.
- Harvest Health & Recreation: Up 27%.
- Curaleaf Holdings (OTC: CURLF): Up 22%.
- Cresco Labs: Up 20%.
This may appear like a mashing that is random of cannabis shares, but three styles endured down as catalysts behind these enormous gains. [Read more at Nasdaq]