A growing cannabis company, with an established brand known for being one of the premier products on the market, is seeking a President to lead its multi-state, multi-faceted business operations. Reporting directly to the Board of Directors, the President will oversee all aspects of manufacturing, sales, marketing, business development, compliance, and operations.
This position is ideal for a highly motivated, efficient leader with a proven track record of assessing and growing companies by building and leading strong teams after careful analysis of resources and needs. The individual will demonstrate a strong ability to cultivate relationships within the organization and create a vision and foundation for efficient growth. Direct reports include Chief Marketing Officer, Chief Operation Officer and VP of Business Development.
- Oversees all operational, sales, licensing, expansion and creative strategies of the business, which includes consumer products, product development, merchandise and apparel, and high-profile brand collaborations.
- Works closely with Board of Directors, Chief Financial Officer, Head of HR, and General Counsel to make informed and strategic decisions pertaining to expenditures, budgetary planning, and forecasting, hiring and related employment matters, and core legal and regulatory issues across the business.
- Collaborates with external partners to secure and raise necessary funding.
- Streamlines reporting and ensures proper KPIs are being utilized.
- Consistently analyzes and capitalizes on opportunities for growth and expansion, creates and implements business plans to accomplish short and long-term company goals.
- Travel required.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Must possess an organized and thoughtful mindset and be able to maximize resources and thrive in a fast-paced, high-energy, growing environment with the ability to set realistic goals and timelines.
- Ability to engage with employees at all levels of the company. To clearly communicate expectations, goals and discuss contrary opinions in an open manner.
- Experience in a highly regulated industry such as Oil & Gas, Wine & Spirits, Tobacco, or Energy preferred.
- Prior experience in manufacturing, management consulting, corporate strategy, private equity, and/or capital markets preferred.
- Minimum 15 years of leadership experience in a multi-state, multi-faceted organization.
The Company is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.