– October 27, 2020
A medical marijuana card helps you dramatically elevate your quality of life. But getting your hands on a card requires you to fulfill certain eligibility criteria that differ from state to state. Certain states have a very extensive list of conditions like California and Oklahoma whereas certain states are very strict with who they hand out a medical marijuana card to like New York and Texas. Today we will tell you the criteria that are followed in the state of California.
Why is Cannabis Recommended And Not Prescribed?
For starters, you need to understand that absolutely no doctor in the United States can prescribe medical marijuana to you. Prescription is a term regulated by the FDA and requires physicians to prescribe medication that is approved by the FDA which Cannabis is not. So, what you get is a medical marijuana card.
First Step to Qualifying For a Medical Marijuana Card
The first step to receiving a medical marijuana card is meeting with a doctor and determining whether or not you have a qualifying condition that can be helped with medical marijuana. This visit will require you to receive a diagnosis from a qualifying physician. This doctor will fill out a recommendation that will state why exactly does a person require a medical marijuana card.
Qualifying Conditions In The State Of California
Cannabis is legal in California for both recreational as well as medical use. But for use as a medical patient, there are certain conditions stated in Proposition 215, along with the revised Senate Bill 420 that need to be fulfilled.
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Chronic Pain
- Severe Nausea
- Any other chronic medical condition that persistently limits a person’s ability of a person to conduct one or more major life activities
If your condition does not show up on the list there is another way you can qualify as well.
- If your condition is not alleviated then you may suffer from severe discomfort and harm the patient’s mental and physical health.
- It limits a person’s ability to conduct significant life functions as mentioned in the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
Who Can Apply For an MMJ Card in California?
To apply for a medical marijuana card in California, all you need to be is a legal resident of the state of California for starters. Another aspect to keep in mind is that patients need to be over the age of 18. Caregivers can apply on behalf of minors
Who Can be a Caregiver?
The eligibility criteria for a caregiver is:
- The person under your care is allowed to use medical marijuana
- You have been consistently responsible for their wellbeing.
- The care you provide is beyond just administering medical marijuana to the patient
- You began taking care of the patient before they were recommended medical cannabis
What Documents do You Require to Apply For an MMJ Card?
To legally be a part of the medical marijuana program in California you do not need an MMJ card a Doctor’s recommendation works well enough. If you want to get one there are certain identification documents that you will need.
Documents required to get a medical marijuana card
- Proof of residency
- A doctor’s recommendation
Forms of ID that are accepted
- State issued identity card
- Unexpired and currently valid driver’s license<l/i>
Documents you can submit as proof of residency
- Rent agreement or mortgage papers
- Utility bills
- Californian DMV motor vehicle registration
What is a doctor’s recommendation?
This is the recommendation that you receive upon completion of a 420 evaluation by a licensed physician that states your medical condition as the fact that medical cannabis will help you manage your symptoms in a manner that elevates your quality of life.
How can you receive your medical marijuana card online?
Gaining access to a medical marijuana card has long been a complicated process. But we have simplified it to become an easy three-step process that helps the patient gain access to the required treatment in the shortest time frame possible. It is natural for one to have various questions regarding getting a medical marijuana card online. After all, all of us are aware of how internet scams function. In the times of the pandemic, it is more important than ever to approach the right places for your medical marijuana card.
Our easy 3 step process to get an MMJ Card
- Step 1: Fill out a basic pre-qualification form
- Step 2: Have a face to face Consultation with a 420 doctor
- Step 3: Receive you medical marijuana cars
Can a tourist get a medical card in California?
No, a tourist cannot get a medical card in California. To buy from a medical dispensary you need to show proof of residency which you will not have as a tourist. However, you can still buy recreational marijuana as for that all you need is an identification stating you are over 21.
How much does a medical card cost in California?
A medical marijuana card will cost you $59.99 in California with an Online Medical Card. This will get you a doctor’s recommendation that is valid for a year and if you require a Cannabis Id card as well that is an additional $20.